Access external hosts with internal split DNS resolver

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Aug 9 23:43:48 UTC 2015

On 8/9/15 12:38 AM, Heiko Richter wrote:
> Using the same domain with two seperate contents is just bad practice.
> And when you decide to use DNSSec sometime in the future it will leave
> your home network inoperable, because the trust delegations won't work
> anymore.

Since the OP is the RP for the mydomain.co.nz zone, wouldn't s/he have
access to the ZSK / KSK used externally and thus re-use them
internally?  I would think that this could be made to work as far as
DNSSEC is concerned.  (I'm FAR from a DNSSEC expert.)

Even if BIND is managing the zone signing for the OP and the internal
and external ""views got out of sync with each other, I would think that
they would still both validate because they would share the same ZSK (?)
in the parent zone (read: registrar).  Is this not the case?

Consider this me, an ignorant ... asking for an accademic discussion
about this (mis)use of ""views.  (Yes, I know that I'm abusing the term
"view".  Though arguably proper views could be used to accomplish the
same thing.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die