Suppress log entry...

Stuart Browne Stuart.Browne at bomboratech.com.au
Tue Apr 14 23:05:37 UTC 2015

>On 14.04.15 07:36, SH Development wrote:
>>Like what?  I’ve never had any issues.
>
>Like you uselessly flush all cached data, RTTs ... and you get unwanted log
>line in the output.
>
>If you never had any issues with reconfig, use rndc reconfig.

Let's not forget that every time you restart named, you have to reload all your zones from scratch.  If you're only running a small number of small zones, this probably doesn't mean much.  If you're running hundreds (or even thousands) of zones with millions of records, the time loss on a restart is quite significant, even if you are running the latest bind using compiled (memory map) zone files on disk.

Stuart