bind-users Digest, Vol 2083, Issue 1

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Apr 6 05:19:53 UTC 2015

you need an allow-query and ACL, eg:

Assuming for example your LAN ip range is 192.168.0.0/24, then you would
use

for simplicity, at top of named.conf:

acl "trust" { localhost; 192.168.0.0/24; };

then in...

options {

allow-query { trust; };
 allow-query-cache { trust; };

};

That should do it, if you need further assistance you'll need to supply
a copy of named.conf - in particular the options , ACL's and at least
one of your zones, but if your named.conf isnt 5 miles long, just past
the whole thing.

On 06/04/2015 01:52, STEPHEN EYRE wrote:

> The aim is to make it authoritive as well as hosting my web sites.
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android [1]
>
> When I change my /etc/bind/named.conf.local file from 'recursion no;' to
> 'recursion yes;' I get an inverse of the above. I get full replies from
> all my dig enquiries but I get an open recursive warning - which I
> obviously dont want.

Links:
------
[1] https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android