Variable in name of file for named.conf

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Apr 2 23:22:09 UTC 2015

> On 1 Apr 2015, at 23:30, Jeff Sadowski <jeff.sadowski at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do I really need to have each zone with its own file?

You can omit the file option in a slave zone and named will keep the zone in memory only. The disadvantage is it will have to retransfer all the zones in full when it starts before it can answer replies.

> if not I can have Make do it and build some scripts to do what I want

Yes, do this.

> but if there is syntax to do what I want it would be nice.

Increasingly I think programs should avoid anything like a macro processor in their config languages. Leave that job to your config management system.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  http://dotat.at