BIND 9.10.1rc2 won't build on FreeBSD 10-STABLE

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Sep 11 23:38:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 09:11:08AM +1000, John Marshall wrote:
> I can't build BIND 9.10.1rc2 on recent FreeBSD 10-STABLE.
> I have tried on both i386 and amd64 variants of the operating system.
> BIND 9.10.1rc1 builds fine, as did the beta releases.

Based on the failure being in bin/python, I suppose it was this:

3946.   [cleanup]       Improved "configure" search for a python interpreter.
                        [RT #36992]

I'm guessing your system doesn't have a python interpreter, but configure
got confused into thinking it does.  If I'm right, then installing python
ought to make the build work, for the time being.  We'll address the
problem before final release.

Do you still have your config.log?  May I see it?

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.