A record of domain name must be name server ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Sep 11 07:47:59 UTC 2014

On 10.09.14 18:13, Kevin Darcy wrote:
>No, what I'm saying is that if
>
>example.com owns an A record 203.0.113.48, and
>www.example.com owns an A record 203.0.113.48, then
>
>where does 48.113.0.203.in-addr.arpa point?

Completely your decision.
>Some people will point it at example.com, some will point it at
>www.example.com. What you get is a mish-mosh. No consistency.

Do not mix multiple A and PTR. they are just different things.
You are creating issues where there are none.

>If, on the other hand, www.example.com is a CNAME to example.com,
>then it's crystal clear where the reverse record will point --
>example.com. There is no ambiguity or option for inconsistency.

If you point www CNAME @, the 'www' will have both MX and NS records same as
example.com.  Which may e.g. cause rejectd on backup MX hosts, apparently
not designed to receive mail for www.example.com.

The same applies for all other RRs for exmaple.com Alan named crap.
And that's why I also think it's better to define 'www' as A record, not as
CNAME

There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller