bind-9.10.0-P2 memory leak?

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Tue Sep 9 09:48:44 UTC 2014

Hello

I recently upgraded my authoritative nameservers to bind-9.10.0-P2 and
after a while one of them ended up using all its swap and the named
process got killed. The other servers are seeing similar behaviour, but
I restarted named on all of them to postpone further crashes.

I am using rate-limiting as well DLZ with PostgreSQL. The server has two
views. The operating system is FreeBSD 8.4.

My configuration:
http://borderworlds.dk/~xi/named-leak/named.conf

Log of the memory usage:
http://borderworlds.dk/~xi/named-leak/named-mem-usage.log

As you can see, in less than a week, named has grown more than 900MB in
size.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

If I need to provide more information, I will be happy to do so.

--
Christian Laursen