openssl-1.0.1 bind-9.10.1 softhsm-1.3.7

sibu sibxol at btconnect.com
Wed Oct 8 09:28:44 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I am new to this list.  I am trying to compile bind-9.10.1 to use
softhsm-1.3.7.  My system has these
--cpu amd64 2 ores
--os blfs 64bit linux, gcc-4.8, openssl-1.0.1i

 I am using a recent version of openssl because  of  the recent   news
regarding the heartbeat bug )

I fetched   the latest pdf manual for bind-9.10.1; namely Bv9ARM.pdf
from  https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01031

section 3.11.3.4 of Bv9ARM.pdf building openssl for softhsm  reads:-
--pkll-libname=/path/to/libsofthsm.so
--pk11-flavor=sign-only

( seems to be a recipe for openssl0.9.8y

It does not seem to work with  openssl-1.0.1i
I tried  the above and also
--with-pkll-libname=/path/to/libsofthsm.so \
--with-pk11-flavor=sign-only

but configure failed  ai all instances.  Openssl compiles in all instances
without the pk11 references.

I would be grateful for some advice   on how to build openssl-1.0.1i  to work
with bind-9.10.1  and softhsm-1.3.7

thanks in advance

sincerely
sibuxolo