TSIG afxr failed while receiving responses: REFUSED

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon May 26 07:53:09 UTC 2014

In message <5382EB30.6040006 at ripe.net>, Anand Buddhdev writes:
> On 26/05/2014 01:53, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> > Actually that isn't the mistake as they are both run through
> > dns_name_fromtext which will normalise them before comparison.
>
> I didn't know that. Does this mean that dots and dashes are equivalent
> or irrelevant in tisg key names?

No.  Dots and dashes are not interchangable.  I missed that difference.

I was referring to "tsig.key." is the absolute form of "tsig.key"
but given "tsig.key" is relative to "." they become equal and thus
interchangable.

And no this sort of error is not checkable by named-checkconf as
the key could refer to a SIG(0) key.

Obfuscating makes everything suspect and makes it harder to spot
errors.  This is a classic example.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC