Split DNS(view configuration)

Techs_Maru tecabu at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:33:43 UTC 2014

Thank you for reply.
I am sorry that I cannot explain that well.

is master(Example IP:AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA) config.
zone "hoge.com" IN {
        type master;
        file "hoge.zone";
                notify yes;
                also-notify {
                        BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB;
                };
                allow-transfer {
                        BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB;
                };
};

is slave(Example IP:BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB) config.
view    "internal" {
        match-clients{
                XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX;
        };
        recursion yes;

        zone "." IN {
                type hint;
                file "named.ca";
        };

        zone "hoge.com" IN {
                type slave;
                masters {
                        AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA;
                };
                file "hoge.zone_slave";
        };
};

view    "external" {
        match-clients{
                YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY;
        };
        zone "." IN {
                type hint;
                file "named.ca";
        };
        recursion no;

        zone "hoge.com" IN {
                type slave;
                masters {
                        AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA;
                };
                file "hoge.zone_slave";
        };
};
The record is changed by this setting.

Before changing the record:
www   IN   A  192.168.1.1

After changing the record:
www   IN   A  10.10.10.10

The zone of hoge.zone is updated with the mastering server.
(rndc reload hoge.com)

** master bind log
 general: info: received control channel command 'reload hoge.com'
 general: info: zone hoge.com/IN: loaded serial 2014051901
 notify: info: zone hoge.com/IN: sending notifies (serial 2014051901)
 xfer-out: info: client BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB#47180 (hoge.com): transfer of '
hoge.com/IN': AXFR-style IXFR started
 xfer-out: info: client BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB#47180 (hoge.com): transfer of '
hoge.com/IN': AXFR-style IXFR ended

** slave bind log
 notify: info: client AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA#4333: view external: received notify
for zone 'hoge.com'
 general: info: zone hoge.com/IN/external: Transfer started.
 xfer-in: info: transfer of 'hoge.com/IN/external' from AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA#53:
connected using BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB#57103
 general: info: zone hoge.com/IN/external: transferred serial 2014051901
 xfer-in: info: transfer of 'hoge.com/IN/external' from AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA#53:
Transfer completed: 1 messages, 20 records, 448 bytes, 0.031 secs (14451
bytes/sec)
 notify: info: zone hoge.com/IN/external: sending notifies (serial
2014051901)

** dig checks
>From source XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

dig @BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB www.hoge.com +short
192.168.1.1

>From source YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY
dig @BBB.BBB.BBB.BBB www.hoge.com +short
10.10.10.10

The content of internal view is not updated even if it updates record.
I want to let both view reflect an update record by zonal transfer.

Cannot the thing reflected even if reload is not done be done though it is
reflected when reload is executed with slave?