Answer for a specific host, but recurse for all others within a zone

fullmerjf at ldschurch.org fullmerjf at ldschurch.org
Thu May 8 17:15:37 UTC 2014

Does anyone know how I might configure bind to answer for a specific host within the zone, but perform a recursive lookup for the rest of the zone?

For example, given the domain "xyz.com", how might I configure a local DNS server to reslove "something.xyz.com" to, maybe, a local server, but still allow "Wwww.xyz.com", "mail.xyz.com" and "www.something.xyz.com" to still recursively resolve?

Is there a way?

 - Jon