Point domain name of my zone to name in somebody else's zone?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu May 8 14:55:50 UTC 2014

Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> It also has adverse implications for DNS-based CDN routing, e.g. Akamai.
> Everyone will be routed to the servers close to the auth servers of the
> domain containing the ANAME, instead of routing each end user to their
> closest servers.

Good point. This is relevant to the current discussion about the
edns-client-subnet extension on dnsop at ietf.org.

Tony.
South Biscay, FitzRoy, Sole: Westerly or southwesterly 4 or 5, but 6 or 7 in
north Fitzroy and Sole at first. Moderate or rough. Rain or showers. Moderate
or good, occasionally poor.