bin 9.10 verbose logging

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun May 4 03:32:18 UTC 2014

On 04/05/2014 05:28, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> It is at the "notice" severity level. The code says:
>
> "We didn't get a OPT record in response to a EDNS query." and also says
> "We need to drop/remove the logging here when we have more
> experience."
>
> Are you getting this debugging for EDNS-related problems for "every
> request"? Maybe need to realize why.

Yes, at a guess I'd day every single request to the caching server was
logging, daemon log which rarely sees more than 200k a week, grew to
210mb in 24 hours :)

> Maybe you can change the setting in
>
> from ISC_LOG_NOTICE to ISC_LOG_DEBUG(10) in your ./lib/dns/resolver.c.

that didnt seem to do anything, I'm going to revert that server back to
9.9.5 to stop this madness. I'll maybe look for a logging option to null
out, tomorrow.