Update Security

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Mon Mar 17 21:35:30 UTC 2014

On Mar 16, 2014, at 3:32 AM, Bob McDonald <bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok so it's not painless.  Do the updates still get forwarded to the master by the slaves or do I need to have all Windows devices needing update capability to point at the master?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bob

I don't believe it works with update forwarding. I've certainly never gotten it to work. However, Microsoft will send the updates tot he master listed in the SOA record, so as long as that shows your otherwise-hidden master, and firewall access is set up for it, everything should work fine.

Regards,
Chris Buxton