Configure error - openSSL. Mac OS X

James Brown jlbrown at bordo.com.au
Fri Mar 7 11:44:19 UTC 2014

I have recently upgraded to openSSL 1.0.1f.

When I try to configure bind 9.9.5 I'm getting an error:

checking for OpenSSL library... using OpenSSL from /usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include
checking whether linking with OpenSSL works... no
configure: error: Could not run test program using OpenSSL from
/usr/local/ssl/lib and /usr/local/ssl/include.
Please check the argument to --with-openssl and your
shared library configuration (e.g., LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

The Configure command I'm using is:

./configure --enable-threads --with-atf --enable-newstats --enable-rrl --with-ecdsa --with-gost --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl

OS is Mac OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks.

OpenSSL was configured using:

./Configure

I'm no *nix expert, so I apologise for what I'm sure is a stupid question!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James.