Bad owner name on hidden primary

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Jun 10 04:05:11 UTC 2014

In message <CFBB81AD.184ED%ray.walker at nau.edu>, Raymond Drew Walker writes:

> Apologies,
>
> Our workaround was actually the addition of 2 lines:
>
>        check-names master ignore;
>        check-names response ignore;

"check-names master ignore;" or "check-names ignore;" at the zone
level, is all that is required to have updates that would be block
by check-names accepted and returned.  "check-names response ignore;"
is the default and has been in all release of BIND back to the
initial release where check-names was added in BIND 8.

I suspect you were running a very out of date version of named on
the old master (pre-9.5.0).

The correct fix is to stop using non-compliant names.

Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org