Slave zero-TTL on CNAMES

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 15:58:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 05:21:47PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> what the hell invents "$TTL 0  ; 0 seconds" lines before
> each CNAME block while on the master there is exactly
> one TTL line with 86400 on top of the file?

The way named writes a zone file is not the way I would do it.
Records are strictly in alphabetic order, and $TTL blocks are made
around all RRSETs where TTL varies.

The zone FILE is not your problem. I don't know exactly what the
problem might be. It seems that something is intercepting and
filtering the zone transfers?

You could try transfers manually from the slave:

dig [key auth if required] rhsoft.net. axfr @91.118.73.16

Does that show any zero TTLs? If so I suggest you place a couple of
sniffers at strategic spots, one leaving the master, another entering
the slave, and force a zone transfer.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/