Bind 9.9.5 high CPU and when will Bind9.8 EOL?

Lily truelily43 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 02:56:15 UTC 2014

We have been running Bind 9.8 branches for years which has been very
stable, upgraded one box to Bind 9.9.5 last week and it has been running 3
times CPU as same bind 9.8 server.

All of our Bind servers(10 total) are behind F5 load balancers so the load
are spread evenly across the servers.

I have disabled dnssec-validation, which doesn't make any difference.

RedHat linux 5.10, kernel version 2.6.18-371, compilation flag:
 ./configure --with-libtool --enable-threads --enable-ipv6
--with-openssl=yes --enable-largefile

We want to use the Response Rate Limiting feature comes with 9.9, also,
will 9.8 branch reach end of life support soon?

Thanks in advance!

Lily