Why the heck my NS are not working

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 20 10:21:25 UTC 2014

Am 20.07.2014 09:21, schrieb Blason R:
> Though it may not relevant with BIND but I need help with NS servers which are now hosted inside. I have a domain
> hosted with godaddy and godaddy were the DNS as well as registrars. Now I have setup my own DNS server inside my
> network and pointed NS record in godaddy panel which happened properly and I can directly see those my new NS as NS
> record for my domain.

where can you see that?

> Now I have a A record added on my DNS servers but somehow that hostname is not getting resolved but when I
> particulary use those NS servers and then query it properly gives me the answer.
>
>  1. Does that mean my delegation did not happen properly?

say about what domain you are speaking
why delegation?

>  2. Or my queries are not being forwarded to my DNS servers when queried over the internet?

say about what domain you are speaking
say what are the servers which are supposed to be authoritative

which forwarding?

normally someone configures his domainservers and they
can be found in the whois database of the domain and
*not* forwarding

>  3. Or Do I need to change SOA as well? [As SOA still shows the godaddy NS record]

first you need to say

* which domain
* which are the nameservers

> Please help

impossible with the informations you provide

did you at least use http://www.intodns.com/ to look if
your current configuration is somehow correct