Does bind read /etc/hosts?

houguanghua houguanghua at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 01:27:17 UTC 2014

Sorry for what I said isn't very clear. I did know when the /etc/hosts is accessed in the OS.
What I want to know is whether the named access the hosts file. The /etc/hosts file isn't in the client's system, but in the system of Local DNS server where the 'named' task runs. For example:
      In the /etc/hosts file of Local DNS server(LDNS), one line exists as follows:
          10.10.10.1     www.google.com
     A client querys this LDNS to get the IP of 'www.google.com' (the client may use dig,nslookup command. No host line is configured in /etc/hosts of this client ), what IP will be returned to the client?  Can the LDNS  return 10.10.10.1 defined in the /etc/hosts to the client?  maybe some special configuration in named can support this feature.

Thanks,
Guanghua