slave zone files unreadable

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:12:22 UTC 2014

In cases analogous to this, software often saves both
text and binary, and when initializing, uses mtime to
decide whether it can safely use the binary.  Some resources
are spent storing the extra file and admins have yet
another way to screw things up, but the strategy
does have benefits.

John Wobus
Cornell University IT