Error when using GeoIP

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jul 1 14:52:10 UTC 2014

Ali Jawad <alijawad1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> acl "US" {
>   geoip country US;
> };
>
> view "US" {
>      match-clients { US; };  //Once I add this it throws the error below
> };
>
> /etc/named.conf:47: no GeoIP database installed which can answer queries of type 'country'

This is a bug in 9.10.0 which will be fixed in 9.10.1. Until then there is
a patch: https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2014-May/093083.html

The workaround is to put the geoip country directive in the match-clients
clause itself rather than going via a named acl.

Tony.
Southeast Rockall, Malin: Variable 4, becoming southwesterly 5 to 7, perhaps
gale 8 later. Slight or moderate, becoming moderate or rough later. Rain
later. Good, occasionally poor.