Non-responsive name servers when started during boot on OS X Mavericks 10.9

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Tue Jan 21 13:03:21 UTC 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 5:32 AM, Carsten Strotmann <cas at strotmann.de> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Chris Buxton <clists at buxtonfamily.us> writes:
>
>> I’d bet that the package from Men & Mice includes this script or an
>> equivalent workaround. When I wrote the original script I wrote about
>> above, I worked at Men & Mice.
>
> Your script or the sleep timer is not in the package anymore, but maybe
> it should be. I did some testing on our MacOS X Systems, and we also did
> not receive issue reports from customers using the MacOS X installer
> packages. Thanks for reminding me (us).
>
> However I will look into the issue and put the "sleep" back in if needed
> (or find a better patch to inform BIND on changes of the network config).
>
> @Larry: let me know if your are using the Men & Mice compiled BIND
> installer packages, and if the issue still appears.

Carsten, no I am not using the Men & Mice compiled BIND (until three days ago, I had not even heard of Men & Mice). I might be able to play with it in a test environment later in the week. Is there any documentation for it or is it just the installer package?

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
http://www.stonejongleux.com/