Generic reasons for recursive performance not to peg CPU?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Jan 13 02:11:23 UTC 2014

Thanks for the response, but you're answering a different question than
I asked. :)  The question I'm interested in is, "Why is the recursive
server not pegging the CPU?" I'm aware that there will be a difference
in qps between auth-only and recursive, but the recursive server seems
to be working a lot less hard than the auth server, and I can't figure
out why.

Doug