New development versions of BIND are available: 9.9.5b1, 9.8.7b1, & 9.6-ESV-R11b1

Michael McNally mcnally at isc.org
Wed Jan 8 22:06:59 UTC 2014

On 12/20/13 6:31 PM, Michael McNally wrote:
> New development versions of BIND are now available from
> http://www.isc.org/downloads
>
> BIND 9.9.5b1
> Release Notes  --  https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01074
>
> BIND 9.8.7b1
> Release Notes  --  https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01076
>
> BIND 9.6-ESV-R11b1
> Release Notes  --  https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01077

We are well aware that the end of the calendar year is a very
busy time for many of our users and that most of you probably
had other things on your mind when the development releases
above were made available towards the end of December.

But now that the new year has started, we'd like to encourage
those who have an interest to take a look at the betas and
give them a spin, and also to encourage those who are already
using them to take time to provide feedback on their experience.

Our developers are working hard to improve BIND 9 and we've
added features and bug fixes that we think will matter to you.
But as always, the best way for us to know what you would like
to see in BIND is for you to tell us.  Please consider taking
some time to give us feedback on our development releases --
community participation is a vital part of our open software
development process.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Michael McNally, ISC