retransfer zone from stealth master

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Wed Feb 26 21:52:22 UTC 2014

Guess I had something wrong in my named.conf, just now 'rndc retransfer'
worked, because after some change at 2:04pm it tried more
IPs....including the actual master....

I suppose I should've expected to see it continue to attempt to refresh
the zone, as it started doing for another zone I had setup at the same
time, where the refresh from departmental servers is failing with
"non-authoritative answer from master ..." Instead of just a single poll
of my ns-1.ksu.edu when an 'rndc reload' was done.

Probably because for some reason, yesterday I was typing out the added
zone entries completely by hand, instead of the normal copy-paste-modify
way I normally do things.

On 02/26/14 09:42, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 26/02/14 14:57, Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. wrote:
>
>> How can I get an initial transfer of the zone from a stealth master?  Or
>> do I have to wait to get the administrator of the master to give it
>> another kick?
>
> rndc retransfer?

Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally