Q about named not responding the TCP queries

Alan Clegg alan at clegg.com
Tue Dec 9 18:04:41 UTC 2014

On 12/9/14, 8:17 AM, O'Neil,Kevin wrote:
> We had a problem where named 9.3.5-P1 running on a Solaris8 [...]

There are plenty of additional reasons than the problem you are seeing
to upgrade past a version of BIND that is as out-of-date as yours.

I'd perhaps rather ask -- what reason is there NOT to upgrade?

ISC says at https://www.isc.org/downloads/software-support-policy/

  BIND

  BIND 9.6-ESV support ended in January, 2014
  BIND 9.9 Extended Support Version will be supported until June, 2017

AlanC