DNS: how to verify glue NS records?

Alexei Malinin Alexei.Malinin at mail.ru
Fri Dec 5 15:16:22 UTC 2014

Hello.

I would like to resolve this problem:
- I have a child DNS zone served by my ISP slave name server;
- the parent zone is served by my ISP master name server;
- the question is - how and with what tools (dig, host, nslookup, or
maybe C or Perl libs) can I verify the NS glue records in the parent
zone of my ISP (zone transfers are denied)?

My child zone is 0-15.66.233.212.in-addr.arpa. I tried "dig -4
+multiline +showsearch +trace 0-15.66.233.212.in-addr.arpa ns" but it
was not possible to make any conclusions about NS glue records from the
dig output.

I found some tools in the Internet (for example
http://www.intodns.com/0-15.66.233.212.in-addr.arpa, see "Missing
nameservers reported by parent") but these are inconvenient, I would
like to use OS tools.

Please give me some good advise.

--
Alexei Malinin