rndc zonestatus meaning

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Fri Aug 8 06:21:57 UTC 2014

> 3.       how does bind count number of nodes in zonestatus ?(Mine is 5)

The number of nodes in the zone database that have data (not counting
NSEC3 nodes).  In your case: example.com, ns.example.com, sub.example.com,
ns.sub.example.com, and www.example.com makes five.

> 4.       What is nex key event?

The next time the zone keys are scheduled to be refreshed.  At that
time, named will perform the equivalent of "rndc loadkeys" on itself
to see whether it needs to make any changes to the DNSKEY rrset.

> 5.       What is next resign node?

The next RRSIG that's scheduled to be refreshed.

> 6.       Where can I get more information about DNSSec of Bind 9.10-P2
> beside BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual because personally, I think
> it does not has detials enough?

I don't know of any detailed guides I can point you to at this time.
However, ISC provides a thorough training course on the subject; see
http://www.dns-co.com/services/training.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-04
has guidance about scheduling key rollovers that you may find useful.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.