Metazones or Something Else?

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Tue Aug 5 13:21:07 UTC 2014

rndc addzone sounds like a very interesting tool, but
if you want an automated sync, will require something to
read the source config of the master and then write the
requisit slave zone information for the dns slave server(s).

Offsite slave servers will require a lot of trust.

Rsync solution for onsite servers will result in duplicate
copies of the master or the slave, unless you automate a
wrapper for that too (and I'm inclined to think in terms of
# sed, which I use in a surprising number of my scripts).