Strange validation failure for answers.ssh.com

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Apr 30 11:16:10 UTC 2014

Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:

> We have a couple of recursive servers running 9.9.5 which are persistently
> unable to validate answers.ssh.com, returning SERVFAIL.

Some days later one of our servers has been restarted and is successfully
resolving this name. The other is still persistently failing. Shouldn't
something have timed out or expired and allowed the server to recover?

Tony.
Forth, Tyne, Dogger: Variable 3, becoming east 4 or 5, occasionally 6 later.
Slight becoming moderate. Occasional rain, fog banks until later. Poor or very
poor, becoming moderate or good later.