How to disable DNSSEC/EDNS for lwresd

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 14:17:56 UTC 2014

Hi.

I'm trying to disable DNSSEC/EDNS for the lwresd using the
following lwresd.conf:

options {
	directory "/var/named/";

	dnssec-enable no;
	dnssec-validation no;

	pid-file "/run/named/lwresd.pid";
	session-keyfile "/run/named/session.key";
};

lwres {
	search {example1.;};
	ndots 1;
};

But it seems that the 'dnssec-enable no;' statement has no
influence on the EDNS usage in queries sent by lwresd.

I was able to disable EDNS when lwres is run as named
using:

server 0.0.0.0/0 {
        edns no;
};

server ::/0 {
        edns no;
};

in the configuration. However I was not able to disable EDNS
when running lwresd.

We have a user that would like to disable EDNS to reduce the
overhead it adds and improve the performance. The DNSSEC is
not a priority for them.

Is there way to disable DNSSEC/EDNS for lwresd?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D