a note on 9.10.0rc2: eleven, twelve; dig and delv(e)

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Sun Apr 27 19:00:18 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 07:36:22PM +0100, Chris Thompson wrote:
> I rather liked "delve", but the truncation to "delv" does indeed seem
> suboptimal in those respects, and quite ugly as well.

I found that my initial "ugh, ugly" reaction wore off after I'd typed it
the new way a couple of times.

But, indeed, if I'd known this was going to be a problem a month ago,
I would have happily put it to discussion and a vote.  Unfortunately
the bug report came in only a couple of days before the originally-
scheduled publication of 9.10.0, and I decided it would be better to
live with an imperfect name than deal with the fallout of changing it
after it was officially released.

Anyway, now it can hang around and comiserate with resolv.conf.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.