Zone transfer doesn't work when I set allow-update statement

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Fri Apr 25 21:04:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 05:29:30PM -0300, Jeronimo L. Cabral wrote:
> But the master zone is not refreshed until I execute "service bind9
> restart" ("service bind9 reload" doesn't refresh the master zone).

The zone has been updated, but the changes are stored in a journal file
("zonefile.jnl").  You can look at the contents of the journal file
with "named-journalprint <filename>".

If you want to dump the current version of the zone to disk so you
can look at the whole thing, use "rndc sync <zonename>".

(That's assuming this is a fairly recent BIND.  If it doesn't support
sync, use "rndc freeze <zone>; rndc thaw <zone>".)

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.