DNSSEC domain and sub-domains

rod at iastate.edu rod at iastate.edu
Thu Apr 24 15:25:40 UTC 2014

We are getting ready to implement DNSSEC on our campus. Our main domain is iastate.edu. I have zone records for department and units, such as admin.iastate.edu, its.iastate.edu, cs.iastate.edu and ee.iastate.edu. Two of the zones are delegated (cs.iastate.edu and ee.iastate.edu). If we implement DNSSEC for iastate.edu, admin.iastate.edu and its.iastate.edu, must DNSSEC be implemented for the delegated zones as well?

--
Rod Eldridge
Network Infrastructure, Authentication, & Directory Services Team