Help with DKIM record

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Apr 15 13:23:02 UTC 2014

What isn't clear so far is whether the TXT record you're looking up is
in the "myserver.org" zone or some other zone.

If you're authoritative for myserver.org, you're authoritative for *all*
of myserver.org. named isn't going to do "failover forwarding" just
because you neglected to add a TXT record to your zone file. It'll give
a negative response to the query. forward first/forward only has no
effect whatsoever on that behavior.

                                 - Kevin