Clients Matching Multiple Views

Mike Meredith mike.meredith at port.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 12:09:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:05:07 +0300, Sotiris Tsimbonis
<stsimb at forthnet.gr> may have written:
> On 09/04/2014 11:14 πμ, Steven Carr wrote:
> > That's not how views work. When you match a view then that's it, you
> > don't continue to check other views.

Thanks. As I suspected views select _clients_. It might be a handy new
feature to define and group zones outside of views, and select which
zone groups are visible inside a view.

> Updates only match one zone, and are kept in memory (or .jnl).
> So how would we make this work in dynamic zones?
> Maybe we should have one view axfr from the other?

What I did in testing (and not very much at that) was to define the
zones twice with different file names. Seemed to work fine ... at least
the zone files and the journal files were created for both file names.

--
Mike Meredith, University of Portsmouth
Principal Systems Engineer, Hostmaster, Security, and Timelord!