Delegation of part of a zone to a global server load balancer

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Apr 8 16:57:35 UTC 2014

On   Mon, 7 Apr 2014 18:08:57 –0400, Kevin Darcy <kcd at CHRYSLER.COM<mailto:kcd at CHRYSLER.COM>> wrote:
I'm assuming you have forwarding set up. Make sure to set "forwarders { };" in the aelabad.net zone definition. Failure to do so means that your recursive queries for names in subzones forward out towards the Internet, instead of following the delegations down to the austin-energy.net nameservers, as you intended.

That is indeed the secret sauce I was missing.  Thank you.