Problem with forward zone in view

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 13:36:44 UTC 2013

On 8 September 2013 12:06, Carol Overes <carol at overes.net> wrote:
> Apologies if my approach was not clear, after Steve's mail. But I tested
> by using dig without the +trace option. I have tested the following from
> an IP, which is accepted via the trusted ACL:
>
> dig @10.10.10.1 www.domain2.com A
> dig @10.10.10.1 domain2.com NS
>
> And directly from the internal DNS server 10.10.10.1:
>
> dig @127.0.0.1 www.domain2.com A
> dig @127.0.0.1 domain2.com NS

In order to help further you're going to have to post real domain
names and the full unmodified output of command+response from dig so
we can see the fully response. Also, if you can, retake the packet
capture and then filter out only DNS packets and upload the capture
somewhere so we can take a look at the packets.

Steve