Problem with forward zone in view

Carol Overes carol at overes.net
Sun Sep 8 10:38:21 UTC 2013

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reponse.

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 10:57:15AM +0100, Steven Carr wrote:
> You will need to perform a packet capture on the DNS server itself,
> from a client they query for records in domain2.com and then analyse
> the packet capture to see what happened when the query came in.

Just now I performed a packet capture, to check what the response is
when a client queries domain2.com. I can see that the response results
in a NXDomain from one of the authoritive .com TLD servers. And I don't
see any packets going towards 192.168.1.1.

> Just as a test, also make sure that you can query the domain2.com
> domain manually from the DNS server.

I get the same result, if I log on to the internal nameserver 10.10.10.1,
and run the same query.

However I am able to perform any other recursive queries, or queries for
domain1.com.

Regards,

Carol

believed to be clean.