MAcOS X 10.9 upgrade removes BIND

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Sat Oct 26 11:47:13 UTC 2013

On 26/10/2013 00:53, Michael Sinatra wrote:

> I usually maintain the latest BIND on my Mac using MacPorts.  It looks
> like you can still do that on Mavericks, but there some work
> (http://www.ghostwheel.com/merlin/Personal/notes/2013/10/05/macports-on-mavericks/)
> you have to do--MacPorts doesn't currently support Mavericks out of the
> box.  The good news is that it looks like you can still download a
> supported version of xcode for Mavericks.

Similarly, I maintain BIND on my laptop using Homebrew, so that I have
the latest version. The version in OSX was always far behind, so I'm not
too bothered that BIND has been removed from the base Mavericks.
However, Apple screwed up here by not telling us that they were going to
remove it.

Regards,

Anand