Performance Tuning RHEL 5 and Bind

brett smith brett.s9999 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 01:34:45 UTC 2013

When all the Windows PC's are switched to our resolver, bind stops responding.
rndc querylog shows queries coming thru, I changed  tcp-clients from
1000 to 10000 but DNS seems lagging, so we switched back to the
original Windows Domain resolver. Besides increasing open files
tuning, what TCP / sysctl or named.conf settings can be set to
optimize / speed up DNS queries? Because it seems that Windows clients
use TCP instead of UDP when looking at netstat on the server.

Thanks. Brett.