Refreshing cache in other DNS servers

babu dheen babudheen at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 15 11:38:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

 I am running BIND caching DNS server in Redhat Linux. This DNS server is used as name server for other DNS servers which are running in Windows 2003. Whenever I modify a existing record in BIND DNS caching server zone, its not immediately taking affect in my Windows DNS servers. But if I clear the Windows DNS server DNS cache, its taking affect.

Is it possible to enforce/refresh cache of other DNS server through BIND DNS server once modification is done in zone file?

Regards
Babu