Forwarding requests when DNS name doesn't exist?

Marc Lampo marc.lampo.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 10:54:31 UTC 2013

An unwise decision, from security point of view !

You are about to open the DNS channel - public DNS resolving available for
internal clients.
Consequently data leakage, file transfer in/out over DNS become possible ...

As far as the question about internal fake zones is concerned :
if the name server has knowledge, because it is authoritative, it will use
that knowledge and will not try to query name servers on the Internet.
It becomes "bogus" for that zone : no delegation, but having knowledge.

Kind regards,

Marc