Recursive BIND server doesn't execute recursion for IPv6 fd00::/8 reverse zone

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 26 08:31:08 UTC 2013

On 25/11/13 22:46, Listas wrote:
> On 25-11-2013 15:42, Phil Mayers wrote:
>>
>>  2. Put a proper zone cut (delegation) into your local master,
>> pointing at your authoritative server
>
> Thanks Phil. Your help has been valuable.
> I think this is exactly what I'm doing here:

As Barry pointed out: no. This is an apex NS record. It's not a delegation.

Valid delegations need to be below the zone; not *at* the zone. You
should also avoid delegating a name unless there's a matching zone SOA
on the far end.

Or as you've been advised repeatedly, use forward/static-stub, as
appropriate.