RHEL 6 CPU load

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Nov 20 19:23:11 UTC 2013

On 20.11.13 09:46, - wrote:
>>> Daniel, what do you see the load as? I see 4.6% CPU usage (100% possible
>>> - 95.4% idle).
>>

>> Wondering the same.  Don't consider 0.00 high load.  ;-)
>>
>:-) I guess I need to be a little better at explaining my self. It
>made perfect sense to me.
>
>I am talking about the named process which can run up to 180% during
>the day. When it is doing this the system still has very low load.

I once encountered similar behaviour when I switched on DNSSEC and lookaside
validation, and the managed-keys directory was not writable by user running
BIND. When I created the directory and/or made it writable by that user, CPU
consumption fell down to reasonable values

"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."