Can I have Inbound load balancing achieved with below settings

Sam Wilson Sam.Wilson at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 16:05:22 UTC 2013

In article <mailman.1686.1384528769.20661.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
 Blake Hudson <blake at ispn.net> wrote:

> Phil Mayers wrote the following on 11/14/2013 2:39 AM:
> > I think there are better solutions than publishing an enormous list of
> > A/AAAA records, personally, and I think it's good that browser
> > manufacturers aren't blasting out 6 SYNs every time someone types
> > www.google.com...
> On a related note, I have seen recent Comtrend DSL modems (w/ integrated
> router and DNS cache) send out parallel DNS requests to both of the
> configured DNS servers. The debug log on the modem indicates that the
> modem throws away latter responses.

Novell's LAN Workplace for DOS client used to issue simultaneous DNS
requests to all configured resolvers.  IIRC "all" meant a maximum of 3.
You could add more servers to its resolv.conf equivalent (RESOLV.CFG?)
but it ignored all but the first three.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.