xml stats question

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Sun Nov 3 03:09:19 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----

From: Mike Hoskins <michoski at cisco.com>
Date: Saturday, November 2, 2013 1:31 PM
To: "bind-users at lists.isc.org" <bind-users at lists.isc.org>
Subject: xml stats question

>Hi folks,
>
>Quick question on xml stats...  I've used the new style statistics for
>monitoring, etc. and find it really useful as I'm sure many do.  One of
>the things I'm working on is moving to collectd vs remote polling, and the
>bind plugin seems to require v2 vs v3 xml schema (my first guess, since it
>won't parse the default xml I'm seeing under /, which looks different in
>the latest releases).
>
>I'm sure the plugin will get updated at some point, but from reading over
>the 9.9.4 ARM it says I should be able to access URIs like /xml/v2 and
>/xml/v3 but neither of those work for me -- just the top level page which
>I think is the newer schema (it looks different than it did in 9.8).
>However, the ARM also says the v? URIs will be available only "if the
>requested schema is supported by the server" -- what determines that
>availability?  I've compiled with libxml2 which makes the top-level stats
>work.  Do I just need more configure options or something else to get
>/xml/v2 working?

Answered my own question, sorry for the noise.  It was getting late last
night, and I thought I'd configured without "--enable-newstats", but after
doing a fresh build today the v2 xml appears at / again.

Still not sure about the 9.9.4 ARM reference to /xml/v2 and /xml/v3 (it
would be nice to be able to access /xml/v2 within collectd and /xml/v3
elsewhere), but the right configure options will at least keep collectd
happy for now.