Help on NXDOMAIN to try next forwarder in the list

sumsum 2000 sum2hike at gmail.com
Fri May 31 11:11:25 UTC 2013

Hi,
The google DNS server was only examples.. it can be some internal DNS
servers and external DNS servers. For eg 10.10.10.10; 120.10.13.12 etc.
where the DNS requests are being forwarded to..

There are issues with connectivity where the DNS entries are not synced up.
And these entries are all specific to  say "mycompany.com" where the DNS
are residing in several locations..
So when my local DNS is returning NXDOMAIN, the other locations which might
have the entries are not tried.

the example mytestdomain101.mycompany.com is an example where my list is
10.10.10.10; 120.10.13.12 for example..  i try 10.10.10.10 - NXDOMAIN
returned.. i want to try 120.10.13.12 before sending NXDOMAIN to my initial
request.

I hope this helps.
Thanks