Mailing list "reply-to" setting

Chris Buxton clists at buxtonfamily.us
Thu May 9 22:53:05 UTC 2013

On May 9, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Carlos M. martinez wrote:

> My mail setup is as limited as my eyesight. As I mentioned, I have
> emails in my inbox and filter afterwards in order to keep mbox size at
> reasonable levels. In this way I don't forget to check this or that folder.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Does your mail client not download all your mail and show you which mailboxes have new messages? I can't conceive of using a mail client that doesn't do this -- without it, automated filtering is useless, because as you said you would have to check every folder to see if there are new messages in it.

My mail client shows the number of unread messages next to each mail folder, except for those that have no unread messages. I do not have to click on each folder to cause this to happen.

Regards,
Chris Buxton